AYLUS has established two Award and Honor system to honoring its members committed to public services: The National Presidential Service Award and Aylus Honor Points. Each of them is described as follow:
The Presidential Service Award
Students will receive volunteer hours according to the hours they spend preparing and executing each activity or program. For instance, if AYLUS holds a student art auction for charity, the Art Committee will be responsible for allocating community service hours to each artist, commensurate with the number of hours spent creating the art piece, organizing the event, etc. At the end of the year, students who accumulate enough community service hours will receive a certificate for the President’s Volunteer Service Award. Information about this national award’s criteria can be found here:
|Hours by Award||Bronze||Silver||Gold|
|Kids (5-10)||26 – 49||50 – 74||75 +|
|Teens (11–15)||50 – 74||75 – 99||100 +|
|Young Adults (16-25)||100 – 174||175 – 249||250 +|
|Adults (26 and older)||100 – 249||250 – 499||500+|
|Families and Groups*||200 – 499||500 – 999||1,000+|
|President’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Individuals who have completed 4,000 or more hours in their lifetime|
|* Two or more people, with each member contributing at least 25 hours toward the total|
The award package includes:
- Customized certificate
- Choice of pin, medallion or coin
- Letter from the President
AYLUS Honor Points
Individual Honors and Awards
AYLUS awards its members and branches with awards and honors according to the accumulated honor scores they’ve received.
The individual honor point statistics can be found here: AYLUS Scoreboard
You can request honor points online: AYLUS Honor Points Request Form
Honor Point Distribution
Honor points can be given out in quantities of 1-3 at a time.
1 honor point: participated in any ALYUS organized event; contributed an item (video, picture, essay, etc) to an AYLUS event (each accepted item will receive one point); consistently show responsible work such as updating and maintaining AYLUS website
1 honor point:
- Participate in an activity in your area that is organized by AYLUS (this includes your branch activities). For branch activities, the branch president is responsible to report the honor credit for all participants by using the AYLUS Honor Points Request Form.
- Contribute an item (each item will receive one point) in an AYLUS event or project (video, artwork, essay, etc.). Individual is responsible to report the credit by using the AYLUS Honor Points Request Form.
- Participate in an AYLUS designing event (flag, t-shirt, banner, etc.), you may submit multiple designs but only one point will be received for all of them. The coordinator is responsible to report the credit by using the AYLUS Honor Points Request Form.
- Show consistent work towards AYLUS (updating and maintaining website, etc.). Individual will receive one honor points for every two weeks. Individual is responsible to report the credit by using the AYLUS Honor Points Request Form.
2 honor points:
- Coordinate an AYLUS national event. Individual is responsible to report the credit by using the AYLUS Honor Points Request Form.
3 honor points:
- Initiate an AYLUS event with a very positive outcome. Generally speaking , it should be a national event. For special situation, it will be used to honor a branch event. The AYLUS header-quarter is responsible to report the credit by using the AYLUS Honor Points Request Form.
These honor point distributions are subject to change at any time.
AYLUS members who perform well will earn awards/rankings accordingly. These are separated in to monthly, yearly, and lifetime awards.
- Member of the Month: Earned the most honor points during the month out of all AYLUS members.
- Honor Member: Earned 10 honor points during the year.
- High Honor Member: Earned 20 honor points during the year.
- Distinct Honor Member: Earned 50 honor points during the year.
- Role Model: Earned 100 honor points during the year.
- Member of the Year: Earned the most honor points during the year out of all AYLUS members.
- Fame of AYLUS: Earned 300 honor points
Additional awards may be added in the future.
Branch Honors and Awards
Each branch will have a honor status published on its web page. A branch can be considered the following statuses of: Honor, Active, Un-decided, and In-Active.
A new branch will initially be listed as Un-decided. In the next two months, if the branch has conducted a fund-raising activity, public service project, etc. for AYLUS, the branch status will be changed to Active.
For every two months, AYLUS will then continue to evaluate this branch. If the branch does not show any activity in the two month period, the branch will be downgraded from Active (or Un-Decided, for brand new branches) to In-Active, or from Honor to Active. If a branch reports activities during the two month period, and it was previously labeled In-Active, it will be upgraded to the Active status.
Each month, the most contributing branch will be honored as the Branch of the Month, and the branch will receive the Honor status regardless of its previous status.
For each activity conducted by a local branch, the branch will receive a honor symbol on its web page. The branch which has received the most honor symbols will be titled as the Branch of the Month or Branch of the Year correspondingly.